CELEBRATE ONE OF MARVEL’S MOST BELOVED STORIES WITH THESE FIERY COVERS
Discover More New York, NY— October 16, 2019 — Forty years ago, the legendary creative team of Chris Claremont and John Byrne set a new standard for comic book stories with the Dark Phoenix Saga. Both heartbreaking and thrilling, the story found Jean Grey corrupted by the limitless power she yields as Phoenix. Beginning in UNCANNY X-MEN #128 and escalating until its dramatic conclusion in UNCANNY X-MEN #137, readers at the time were awestruck as Jean Grey went from heart of the X-Men to their most formidable villain. The saga was an instant classic and cemented the X-Men as one of Marvel Comics’ most successful franchises.
Since then, the Dark Phoenix Saga has been revisited in various stories, adapted to both television and film, and is considered a masterpiece of the comic book medium. Now, as Dawn of X launches and the X-Men venture into an exciting new era, the franchise will be honoring the past with Dark Phoenix 40th Anniversary Variant covers! From Jean Grey’s psychic battle with Emma Frost to the X-Men’s fateful clash with the Shi’ar Imperial Guard on the moon, each cover will see a pivotal moment in the event brought to new life by today’s top artists.
Keep an eye out for these other Dark Phoenix 40th Anniversary Variants to be revealed at a later date as well as other variant programs celebrating Chris Claremont’s 50th year of iconic Marvel storytelling!
- MARAUDERS 5 DARK PHOENIX SAGA 40TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT
- X-MEN 6 DARK PHOENIX SAGA 40TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT
- EXCALIBUR 6 DARK PHOENIX SAGA 40TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT
- MARUADERS 6 DARK PHOENIX SAGA 40TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT
- FALLEN ANGELS 6 DARK PHOENIX SAGA 40TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT
- NEW MUTANTS 6 DARK PHOENIX SAGA 40TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT
- X-FORCE 6 DARK PHOENIX SAGA 40TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT